Hi guys. As you all know, the spring anime season is starting this week. We’re happy to announce that we’re recruiting some spare staff (namely timers and typesetters) to help out with the workload. Fansubbers of all occupations are welcome to apply, but it’s hard to say whether we’ll actually need you to do something or not. Please be sure to read over the requirements carefully before you consider applying.
- IRC Capability: We use IRC on a daily basis to communicate and we expect new members to be on IRC.
- Age: Please be a minimum of twenty (20) years old, but no older than thirty (30). You can take a picture of your identification card or drivers license for this step.
- Fansubbing Experience: You must either be in a fansub group or have previous experience working in one. Use your portfolio to provide samples of work you’ve done for other groups.
- Cover Letter: Minimum 3 paragraphs. Remember to use your cover letter to introduce yourself and reinforce what your resume says. In some cases, you may even be able to express things that your resume won’t be able to express.
- Resume: Your resume should tell us where you learned fansubbing, what groups you’ve worked for, and what kind of skills you have. You can also use it to list your references in other fansub groups.
- Portfolio: Your portfolio must show us work from fansub releases you’ve worked on and must have a minimum of work from five (5) different anime series.
- References: Minimum 2 group leaders -OR- 4 non-group leader fansubbers. Please include a list of your references with your resume.
- Remember to include your phone number on your resume or cover letter header! Our secondary form of communication is text messaging.
In order to begin the application process, query Freya on Rizon and provide her with your cover letter, resume and portfolio. If we like what we see in your portfolio, we will move onto a proper interview over IRC. If you’re a complete idiot, we will probably kickban you from IRC. If you are an okay dude, then you may receive a skills assessment test.
In the past year, we recruited both 8thsin and Zwill using this method. We’re quite happy with these staff members and the work they produce. We hope to add another member or two like them to our group. Thanks for your interest in gg & good luck!